Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How Does a Blog Work?

If you're new to blogs, let me explain a couple things. 

I plan to create a new posting for each piece of information I think could be useful to our guests. One posting might be about booking a hotel, another listing airlines information, and another for fun things to do in Athens. 

I'll create titles for each posting. Each posting is listed in the column at the right under the month when I posted it. If you select the triangle pointing right next to "2008," it will list all the months I posted in 2008 (I only posted once in 2008, in September). If you select the triangle next to "September," it will list all the postings I posted that month (again, just one posting titled "who what when where"). Select "who what when where" and that posting will open.

You can scroll through all the postings or simply select one to read at a time.

The words that are a blue/purple color instead of black, like most of the text, are links. You can select those blue/purple words to take you to another website.

I chose to use a blog because it can be interactive. At the bottom of each posting you'll notice the word "Comment." If you select "Comment," you can leave a comment in response to that particular posting. Everyone will be able to read your comment. You may want to share a great deal you found while booking a flight or a rental car. You can post that information as a comment so our other guests can take advantage as well.

Use the comments to ask questions, make suggestions, add information to my posting, whatever you like. 

Of course, if you don't want to post a comment, you can always send me an email at katedoc@gmail.com or call me at (312) 576-8550. Zac's email is zac.rogers@gmail.com. His cell is (312) 560-4996.

2 comments:

  1. Kate,
    This is such a great idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. George and MaureenMay 24, 2009 at 8:56 AM

    Zach, Where did you find this amazingly organized woman? Does she have a twin (not the evil one) for Geoff? It sounds like y'all have it very together for this wedding. We look forward to the event.

    ReplyDelete